The Mill Creek Cup is the annual American Carp Society social event and trade show. It is also the home of the first official American Carp Society sanctioned ‘Bow - Fish Free’ lakes in the United States. Holding a head of beautiful fish this picturesque and unspoiled venue contains some very special fish. Bringing anglers together from across the Nation for a trade / vendor day and 48-hour continuous angling event with prizes and sponsors it is something to mark in your calendar each year.
The 2019 event will see the addition of a Trade / Social day before angling begins that includes a group dinner, slideshows and angling films as well as a raffle and this year, a very special Whiskey tasting from our sponsor ‘Treaty Oak Distilling’ for all event attendees.
All Anglers entering the event will be featured in an event specific print copy publication that will be available to the public the following year. Your fish captures will be professionally documented for you…this is an opportunity to be involved in something very special that will increase the awareness of our great sport.
We are also pleased to announce that some of the top US Carp Companies will be in attendance to discuss their products at the Trade day.
Registration is open until October 1st :
$100 per angler which includes your dinner, grab bags, raffle and other items and merchandise.
The fishing event will be a continuous 48 hour event day and night in teams of two.
There will be prizes for Total weight as well as Big fish.
Crystal Awards will be given and the Overall Team winners will get their names engraved onto The Mill Creek Cup.
Solo anglers can contact us before the event to pair up with other anglers if they are not bringing a teammate with them.
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 9th:
Out of town arrivals are invited to meet for a social dinner in Downtown Canton at a Bar/Restaurant to be announced.
THURSDAY OCTOBER 10th:
Morning coffee and donuts at HQ for anyone wanting to walk the lake and visit the swims.
Registration and Trade day 2-5pm at HQ.
Whiskey Tasting 2-5pm.
Dinner for all attendees 5-7pm with films and social at HQ.
Peg Draw 7-8pm.
Social films and Movies 8pm - Midnight.
FRIDAY 11th OCTOBER:
8am Coffee and Donuts at HQ
Announcements and overview of event.
9-noon Anglers can set up in their swims, bait up and prepare.
Noon - Official event begins with air horn until SUNDAY 13th OCTOBER at 11am.
SUNDAY 13th OCTOBER:
End of official Angling event at 11am.
Awards and ceremony at NOON at HQ.
Please contact email@example.com for any further details of the event including hotels and accommodation.
State Fishing License:
· All participating anglers are required to have a VALID Texas Fishing License.
· You can purchase a license online at https://tpwd.texas.gov/business/licenses/online_sales/
· Out of respect for our participating anglers, please do not pre-fish Mill Creek the week leading up to the event (Oct 6 thru 10th).
· All pegs will be pre-baited by the American Carp Society prior to the event.
· The peg draw will take place Thursday at 8pm, at the HQ Tent
· Teams will be randomly drawn to establish the order of the peg draw
· Teams will occupy the peg they draw
· Anglers who are not present at the peg draw will receive an unselected peg.
· BIGGEST FISH - The angler with the biggest fish caught during the event will be awarded the Biggest Fish trophy and any prizes associated with this category.
· TOTAL WEIGHT PEG – The anglers fishing the peg with the highest total weight will be awarded the Total Weight trophy (one per angler) and any prizes associated with this category.
· Only Common, Mirror and Koi Carp count toward prizes.
· Up to three rods per angler is allowed
· No treble hooks are allowed
Only one hook per line is allowed
· Kayaks, Inflatables and Bait Boats are allowed
· Spombs, Spods, Bait slings are allowed
Proper Fish Care:
· Each peg must have 1 knot-less net that provides a safe way to land fish.
· Each peg must have an unhooking mat and weigh sling.
· Each peg must have at least one retention sling to hold fish overnight as needed.
· Fish will be returned to the water promptly after weighing, measuring and photography
Marshalling and Photography:
· American Carp Society staff will marshal each fish caught and photograph.
· Fish data will be recorded on your event Scorecard.
· Fish caught after 10pm will be sacked until morning, 6am
· Scorecards will be collected at 12 noon at the HQ Tent.